Makita Corporation (hereinafter referred to as the "Company"), with regards to individual personal information that is regarded as an important property, for all persons engaged in business with the Company, complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as the "Personal Information Protection Act"), and protects client information by handling the information both appropriately and securely, which the Company believes is the necessary to maintain customer trust.
The Company's basic policy with regards to personal information made use of in connection to the official website is as follows.
- Definition of Personal Information
Personal information as defined in the Personal Information Protection Act includes information pertaining to living individuals (name, date of birth, and other information that can identify a specific individual), as well as information that is used in conjunction with a specific individual, such as e-mail addresses, user ID, passwords, etc.; additionally, any information that is related to an individual such as hobbies, family information, age, and so on, is also protected under these provisions.
- Purpose of Use, etc.
The reasons for use of any personal information held by the Company are as follows.
- (1) In order for the company to offer products and services that are believed to be beneficial to clients.
- (2) In order to implement surveys for the purpose of improving the Company's products and services.
- (3) In order to provide materials requested by the customer relevant to various products and services.
- (4) In order to respond to customer inquiries, send premiums/rewards, etc.
- (5) In order to perform other operations associated with individual businesses.
- Collection & Availability of Personal Information
The Company only collects personal information from customers to the extent that it is necessary through appropriate and legal channels and means.
- Secure Management of Personal Information
Preventative measures aimed at the unintended disclosure, loss, or damage of any personal information, etc. are conducted through careful secure management of personal information.
- Oversight of Employees and Subcontractors
In order to effectively and securely manage personal information, necessary and appropriate supervision of employees is performed. Additionally, in the case of outsourcing in whole or in part the management of personal information, we require in the execution of a contract the inclusion of details relating to contractors/subcontractors and confidentiality, allowing us to perform the necessary and appropriate supervision to ensure the secure management of personal information even when working with other parties.
- Disclosure or Provision of Information to Third Parties
The Company, in properly managing personal information obtained from customers, does not provide or disclose personal information to third parties except in the following cases.
- (1) If the personal consent of the customer is received.
- (2) If doing so involves statistical data, etc. that cannot be used to identify the person in question.
- (3) If the Company is required to disclose such information on the basis of laws and regulations.
- (4) If it is necessary in order to protect human life, or against physical harm or property damage, and obtaining the consent of the individual customer is problematic or unable to be done in a timely fashion.
- (5) If in the event of cooperating with national or local governments in the interest of carrying out government affairs there is a risk that obtaining the consent of the individual customer would hinder the performance of an associated government office.
- Correcting Personal Information
Customers wishing to inquire after personal information, make corrections, or remove selected information will be promptly complied with to a reasonable extent once the person in question is confirmed to be the customer with whom the information is associated.
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations
The Company, with respect to the laws and regulations pertaining to the personal information held by the Company, along with adhering to norms, continues to revise and improve the approaches described in the paragraphs above.
- Contact Information
4-1-1, Asahimachi, Takamatsu-shi, Kagawa-ken